The Canadian Ski Patrol (CSP) is a non-profit charitable organization founded in 1940; we currently have approximately 4,500 members nationwide. There are about 240 members in the Calgary Zone, men and women from all walks of life and professions.
We offer training to our members in advanced first aid and accident scene management. Our patrollers provide first aid and rescue services, and promote safety and injury prevention, at ski areas and special events throughout our Zone.
News And Events
- Annual Returning Patroller Registrationby CalirySubmission from VP of Administration, Cody Whitten By now, you should have had an opportunity to meet the new VP of Administration, Cody Whitten, either in person or electronically through email. If you need to contact Cody, please email him at [email protected] Below are a few reminders regarding registration for the up coming season… There are four important steps that each returning patroller needs to complete. Step 1: Update NDS Log onto … Continue reading →
- An Update from VP Educationby CaliryHello Calgary Zone, Let me start off by saying congratulations to Mark Nodwell, Cody Whitten and Christine Slater for their new roles on the Calgary Zone Executive. I look forward to working with them in this upcoming year. I would also like to thank Glenn Bonsall, Dan Mathes and Marielle Flottat for the blood, sweat and tears that they have put in over the last couple of years. Ok now … Continue reading →
- CSP ID Cards are here..by CaliryID cards have been handed out to the various Patrol Leaders, please contact your PL for your ID card.
- Mountain Division Casinoby CaliryThe Mountain Division will be holding a Fundraising Casino at Casino Calgary on March 29 and 30th. Please come out and support your Division and as part of Calgary Zone we’d like to support the casino with at least 11 shifts… These shifts will count towards your Calgary Zone fundraising commitments and a mid season opportunity to put in a shift. Where? http://purecanadiangaming.com/casino-calgary-pure-fun-2/ When? Tuesday March 29 and Wednesday March 30 Shifts (Both … Continue reading →
- CISM – UPCOMING COURSE – DATE Confirmation!by CaliryCritical Incident Stress Management – first aid for first aiders. As outlined in the previous edition of ICE and on our Calgary Zone Website, we are holding a joint CISM refresher course and a full course in January! We are very excited about this. The date is revised and confirmed to be the weekend of January 16/17, 2016 at the Whitehorn Multipurpose Centre. As most of you are aware, … Continue reading →
- Nordic News – November 2015by CaliryThe Nordic patrol has historically been a small (but vital!) part of the Calgary zone, but those of us who have participated in the cross country style of skiing have always enjoyed the beauty and solitude of being in K-Country during the winter season. We patrol both Peter Lougheed Park and West Bragg Creek during the winter. Our “On Snow” day is December 5th from 10:30 -4 at the Peter … Continue reading →
- A Warm Welcome Backby CaliryThe days are getting shorter, summer’s coming to a close and its that time of year again where we turn our attention to our FA manuals and start thinking about the upcoming season. Welcome back.. First of all, on behalf of the Calgary Zone, I want to thank all of you for your hard work and support with our fundraising programs. It has been very successful in the past few … Continue reading →
- Why Do We Have Annual Recertification Days?by CaliryThe Calgary Zone Returning Patroller Recert Weekends will be starting this month. A commonly asked question is “Why do we have to do an annual two day recertification?” The answer lies in the purpose and goals of the weekend. The purposes of the weekend are to: provide annual recertification of competency in first aid (advanced first aid), CPR and the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs); provide standardized information regarding … Continue reading →
- Open House – Spread the Word!by CaliryIt’s that time of the year again, and we are looking for your help with recruitment! The new patroller course is starting at the beginning of October, and we encourage those who are interested to attend the Open House. The Open House has evolved in the last three years and provides detailed information on how to join. Open House is from 7:00pm – 9:00pm with and informative presentation from 7:30pm – … Continue reading →
- Service Year Awards – Calgary Zoneby CaliryAs part of a retention initiative, the Calgary Zone is implementing service awards. Below is a description of these awards. 1st year award – $10 coffee card – Awarded to a new patroller once he/she has completed his/her orientation at their ski area and can roster for regular duties. This is mailed out to the new patrollers 2 year award – CSP UV Buff – Awarded to patrollers who have re-certified during their … Continue reading →