Three Easy Steps to Becoming a CSP Instructor
- Finish the New Patroller course;
- Roster on at a hill and complete On-Snow Training;
- Participate in the Instructor Certification Program – Assistant Instructor Course (with the recommendation of your Patrol Leader).
Individuals are required to:
- Submit proof of alternative course completion;
- Complete 20 hours of instruction during one patrol season;
- Receive a satisfactory evaluation under the ICP monitoring program.
Upon meeting these conditions, individuals would not be required to take the AI course but must take the Instructor Course if they wish to join the training department of Calgary Zone.
Read also about Joining The Canadian Ski Patrol